“Online business lending with the X-factor” - The Times
We believe that finance has moved on with technology - and we’re here to make it work better for businesses. We want to help entrepreneurs spend more time on ideas and less time worrying about their cash flow.
So what makes us different? With our smart online platform, we’re making it quick and easy for UK companies to access business finance. But it’s not just about the tech. Our people are our greatest asset and one of the best things about working at MarketInvoice.
We’re a team of bright and talented people from all over the world, who work together to get things done. Positivity is key to our culture, which means we support each other and have a lot of fun along the way.
At MarketInvoice, the opportunity for growth is as big as your ambition. We challenge ourselves to learn more and to think in different ways. In fintech, things move quickly - but that’s part of the adventure.
Our values matter and as part of the team, they’ll be yours too.
#MakeItHappen | #1Team1Dream | #AlwaysBeLearning
Hear from our Co-Founder, Anil Stocker, on his favourite MarketInvoice moment: https://medium.com/@anilstocker/my-favourite-momen...
The VP Risk has overall responsibility for scaling credit risk at MarketInvoice. Reporting to the CEO, you will focus on risk management strategy, the implementation and automation of risk models and underwriting processes, as well as growing the risk team.
You will play a key role in formulating, implementing and maintaining a scalable risk management strategy for our suite of finance solutions. Working with our data scientists, you will lead the development of our credit models and other decisioning tools to inform automated decision making within the risk department. You will also work with the Head of Risk in setting up credit policies and building end-to-end credit processes & procedures and monitoring the performance of the policies you have collaborated on over time.
You will provide subject matter expertise in SME credit risk management and will be key in guiding colleagues across the business to ensure that our growth goals are reached without compromising on MarketInvoice’s strong reputation for risk management.
This role is ideal for someone who thrives in an environment of great autonomy and has great communication skills to have major influence on the strategy and the day to day operations of our risk function.
- Ownership of the risk management process (including credit and underwriting strategies)
- Work with our product, tech and data science teams, as well as external suppliers and partners, to build leading automated decisioning tools and credit risk models
- Development of other relevant credit and fraud models (with support from our Data Science team) including based on previously unavailable / new sources of data (e.g. accounting application data)
- Take ownership of reporting of portfolio performance across various products. Provide board-level management information on performance of risk management.
- Build and lead the various risk underwriting and analytics teams
- Provide coaching, development and mentoring for colleagues across the business
- Key stakeholder in the implementation of strategic partners such as with our bank distribution partners (e.g. Barclays UK)
- Input into our financial products vision and strategy, including credit strategy, market positioning, customer acquisition, key terms and features roadmap
- Analyse performance of business processes and suggest process design improvements
- Expert in credit risk management in the SME sector with experience of automation and implementation of innovative data sources
- Strong level of experience in working with a data science team to develop and implement scalable credit decisioning strategies
- Ability to shape credit risk management strategy and inform product feature development from the risk perspective
- Ability to lead and grow a risk team, prioritise projects and manage multiple stakeholders. High level of expertise in aligning risk management and wider business goals.
- Ability to communicate with and influence a diverse group of stakeholders, creating alignment over the longer-term vision of our products
- Experience working with underwriting teams to implement credit policies, implementing scalable and highly-automated decisioning strategies
- Experience in building and managing teams of credit analysts
- Experience in managing fraud risk beneficial
Not only will you have the opportunity to make a huge impact at one of the UK's hottest FinTech companies, you will also have access to:
- Competitive salary
- Best in class share options scheme.
- Innovation days.
- Enhanced Maternity Leave
- Amazon Kindle and unlimited book allowance.
- Private health coverage and half price Virgin Active gym membership with many other perks.
- 25 days of annual leave per year, plus your Birthday off!
- A great office (complete with roof terrace, awesome facilities and a community feel) in the heart of vibrant Shoreditch
If this amazing role excites you, then get in touch ASAP!
We will do our best to reply to all applications, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.
How will we use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, to allow us to assess your suitability for a role and improve our sites. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not share your data for marketing purposes.
We will keep your data safe in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you would like further information on how your data may be used please visit our website at https://www.marketinvoice.com/terms-and-conditions
If you are unhappy with the use of your data, you can change your mind at any time by emailing [email protected]