We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to help scale our business finance solutions.
MarketInvoice customers and internal teams will be at the centre of your work as you listen; ask, challenge and prioritise design work to make sure our company and technology strategy provides them with the most value.
Who you’ll be working with
You’ll become part of our rapidly expanding Technology group which comprises Engineering, Data, Product and Design teams.
You'll be working closely with a Senior UX Designer and Product Managers. Soon after starting you'll spend time with other teams around the business, familiarising yourself with what we do and how we work. Once you’re settled in, you’ll provide design input to one or more business areas (e.g. Risk or Loans) and help that team achieve its goals.
What you’ll be doing
You'll be doubling the size of the design team! It's a UX team of one currently; so a broad skill-set is desirable.
You’ll be responsible for bringing new and existing ideas to life as part of a user-centred design process; helping to define and create a user experience that is consistent across platforms. You’ll be designing complex, data-rich interfaces that support the workflows of people that use our services.
Working with customers and internal teams; you’ll work to understand user goals and requirements with hands-on responsibility for creating assets that help shape products and deliver value. The ideal candidate is comfortable balancing user needs, business objectives, and technical feasibility.
You should be an excellent communicator, open to receiving feedback and able to clearly explain the rationale behind design choices. Combining customer discovery with emerging technology and UX design principles, you’ll aim to push the boundaries and challenge thinking; with input through ideation, prototyping, user research and design.
You’re equally comfortable working on the low-level detail at project level as you are joining the dots on a high level creative and commercial vision.
- A user-centred design process. Having a flexible and pragmatic approach that you can bring to bear on both customer and internal team projects.
- Understanding and experience of current design and research tools and processes. We have a suite of design and research tools we use; but an understanding of how to bring tools to bear on design challenges is more important than specific software skills.
- Empathy. Being able to listen; ask questions, and put yourself into the shoes of our customers and internal teams.
- Communication and interpersonal skills. Being able to speak confidently with customers and internal stakeholders alike.
- Strategic thinking. Being able to weigh-up the pros and cons of available metrics, and defend your decision-making.
- Evidence-driven. Backing up design projects with research and following through to check on their impact.
- Industry knowledge of financial services is a 'nice-to-have' but not a requirement.
The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process is in three stages. Initially, a 30 minute phone call with our Senior Designer, Mike Gray.
Second - if this is successful you’ll be invited to visit MarketInvoice for a face-to-face interview with Mike and one of our Product Managers. We’ll ask you to present an in-depth case study of a project you’ve contributed to and to discuss your portfolio. And lastly - on a second visit - you’ll meet with MarketInvoice members of staff from outside the Technology team.
Not only will you have the opportunity to make an impact at one of the UK's leading Fintechs, you’ll also have access to:
- Best in class share options scheme.
- Amazon Kindle and unlimited book allowance.
- Private health coverage and half price Virgin Active gym membership.
- 25 days of annual leave per year, plus your birthday off.
- A great office (complete with roof terrace, awesome facilities and a community feel) in the heart of vibrant Shoreditch.
One of “the nine hottest UK Fintech start-ups most likely to be worth £1 billion” - Business Insider
At MarketInvoice, our vision is for entrepreneurs to have the time to build the world we all want to live in.
We think entrepreneurs should be able to get on with growing their business, instead of having to worry about cash flow. That’s why we’re making it quick and easy to get funding through our invoice finance and business loans. We’re here to unlock the endless possibilities that arise when entrepreneurs have time to focus on what they love.
With our smart online platform, we were a Fintech before that was even a thing. But it’s not just about the tech. One of our biggest assets is our team of bright, talented and motivated people from all over the world. It’s one of the things our customers value most about us and one of the best things about working here.
We get stuff done quickly at MarketInvoice, with less talk and more action. It’s about thinking differently and not being afraid to do things that have never been done before.
Culture is a big deal for us. There’s always something happening, from fiercely competitive quiz nights to our Friday Town Hall meetings that roll into socialising on the roof terrace. We work, celebrate, share ideas, eat (lots of biscuits) and are always learning together as a team.
Ready to help UK businesses build the future? APPLY NOW!
We do our best to reply to all applications. However if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.
How will we use your information?
We’ll use your data to process your application, to allow us to assess your suitability for a role and improve our sites. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not share your data for marketing purposes. We will keep your data safe in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you would like further information on how your data may be used please visit https://www.marketinvoice.com/terms-and-conditions
If you are unhappy with the use of your data, you can change your mind at any time by emailing [email protected]